Monday, January 08, 2007

Miaarose, Inspiration, and Dreams

Happy New Year!
Now Get Over it. It's time to keep living the good life...wink!

There is never an excuse to not post in the blogger world! But, if you listen to me, I'm writing a novel & I'm averaging about 2,800 words a day (aka 10 pages in Microsoft Word). I've got about 130 pages written. My goal is to have the first draft completed by the end of January. Being motivated to write is a wave you catch and ride until it breaks on the beach. Or, more importantly, I've got the ever so lovely Mr. Cop proudly rooting me to finish the book. Enough said.

After finishing my word count for the day, I jumped online to YouTube. I wasn't certain what I wanted to watch so I clicked to the video page that had links to most rated, most discussed, and favorites videos of YouTube. Strangely enough, each page had the same video of a teen brunette holding a guitar. It was late enough in the night that I was tired enough to play the video.



It was good. I was actually surprised. Hmm... I even felt refreshed to watch this talented brunette following her passion despite not having all the typical resources of young teen rockers. And that was what was refreshing & perhaps had so many people buzzing. This lovely teen singer didn't wait around for American idol auditions or a trip to Hollywood-nope she sat up a video camera & started singing. I loved the atmosphere of the videos which reminded me of my own projects that I attempted as a teen brunette. Oh, yes, I can still remember the days! I included like the teen brunette's original song because it points further into her direction of talent. So, to Mia, who is somewhere out there dreaming of rainbows and rocking concert arenas, my hat is off to you. Thanks for being creative enough to find a way for people to hear your voice. I'd also like to take the time to point out that only a brunette could rock the YouTube stage! Okay, I'll leave you with one of her cover songs..Have a great night & dream well!

2 comments:

Crazy Girl City said...

130 pages! Not bad at all.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I need all the encouragement I can get! By tomorrow night, I'll be half way done-yeah!!!