Thursday, January 26, 2006

Down with work, Up with Love




A dizzy morning of organizing my book shelves. Though, exactly why I'm wasting my time organizing my magazines, catalogs, and interior design books is beyond me. I certainly wasting time and putting off the real work that is ahead of me. Namely, I am fifty something pages away from finishing my newest novel. Yep, I don't believe that I've mentioned the fact that I have a personal passion for fiction. But, this morning I think I need a wee-bit of caffeine in order to get the passion kick started. If my book gets published, I've promised myself to return back to the above pen shop in Florence to pick a new pen for the new book. Of course, I'll be back at Cafe Pitti across from Boboli Gardens to get one very special cappacino made for me again!

This could all be the result of drinking microbrew beer (which I never do-I love a great martini) and a date that well..went sour at the end. I met Mr. Golf two weeks ago at a bar in Dana Point. I thought he was a bit blitzed but kind of attractive and perhaps even intelligent. As it turned out last night, we was a combination of all those things. In fact, I even liked him. It seems like things are on the up for Miss Brunette (even though he called me a blonde-I'll forgive him). We meet at red robin inspired restaurant called BJ Brewery. My first taste of the the chain-restaurant ambiance in Irvine. He was a kinda of quiet talker that spoke in spurts of conversation. He loves jazz and alfred hitchcock movies! Some of my favorite things. So what exactly went wrong? This one is a biggie... At the end of the evening, we had come to that awkward point of having to part paths. He put his arms out for a big hug and leaned in for the big kiss. I had no means of thinking, as it should be, and I turned my head and gave him a cheek hug! Whoops, dude, I'm just not that in to you. I laughed afterward because I was embarrassed but who wants to be smacking it up in the front of BJ's brewery? Ah, but, everyone knows a fool in love. I thought I had been attracted to him but when it came right down to it, I had wasn't. That's why one should date. As I said that I looked forward to playing tennis with him, I swung off the possibility of ever getting involved with him. A girl needs a lover and a friend in the boys she that picks. Or at least, a lover!

Yet, all is not lost, I have met someone that is a real possibility but I'd rather not go into that one yet. Suffice it to say that he a beautiful guy that I know I'm definitely spice & chocolate over. And we kissed only hours after meeting in the middle of a crowded dance floor playing hard rap music! Nothing is ever sensible with love.

Brunette Confidential # 3: When it's hot, it just rocks!


So what about this book? I have only a couple of hours left to write until I have to hit the job that is paying my bills. At least my hands are warmed up-yes, I've written my book by hand-and I'm going to head out for a coffee. Perhaps I should have titled this quick blog entry as Down with Love and Up with Work. I'll get things right one of these days.

1 comment:

stnkycheezman said...

Hey! haha, glad to see you're finally bumping into some "rhino's" that you enjoy yourself around, good for you babe! you'll let me know when that novel's out right!?!?! =)