Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Miss Brunette has Boyfriend Agent




When you get down to it, it isn't surprising that Agent Miss Brunette would happen to stumble into a romance with a cop, now is it? One trip to Vegas, a combined phone bill of $700 dollars, a 10 day California visit by a Toronto police officer, and Miss Brunette knew that she had fallen for the cop!

Oh, sweet romantic readers of brunette confidential, might ask how ever did this happen? Hmm..I'm still trying to figure that out but in case you missed a post or two, let me give the quick recount. I'll start this file at the beginning.


Miss Brunette meets Mr. Cop in Las Vegas while she is attending a psychic convention and he is shaking his money maker at a bachelor party. Case open and shut. Refer to case #LAX7579YYZ


INCIDENT REPORT

DESCRIPTION: To her surprise, Mr. Cop, of the cool guy modus operandi, calls up Miss Brunette on the Sunday as she is driving from Las Vegas to Orange County. He asks her things like what are you doing, where are you at, what is happening in your life right now? Miss Brunette is almost certain that she has made a new penpal friend or something and has a great time talking to him for the four hour drive home. It is somewhere between sunrise and the following Wednesday that he makes a suggestion to visit her in So Cal in two weeks. Hahaha...Nervous laughter or more correctly on behalf of miss brunette, Haha, we'll see how far this one gets.

It just so happens that he keeps calling. She likes talking to him and trying to retain all of the details of his natural boy good looks. She can't imagine what he likes about her except, perhaps, that she is brunette. In fact, if it had not been for Mr. Cop's persistence and determination to keep the connection alive, then things might have just been swept under the carpet. And the world would have been a lesser place...At least for me.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

NAME:
Mr. Cop

HEIGHT:
6'1

WEIGHT:
Lots of good stuff to handle. Love his arms, legs, belly, list goes on...

EYES:
Blue like a Pissaro sky...

HAIR:
Blond-OMG! Blond!

HIS KISS: What every girl dreams of getting...

He booked a flight to visit Miss Brunette. She's so nervous on the day that he flies into LAX that she gets fidgety and keeps doing dumb things like: Refolding the towels in the hall closet because no man or agent wants a girl with unfolded towels, scrubbing the door handle, reapplying nail polish, cleaning the car, and a drive-thru stop at Starbucks. Wait, its 10:00 why do I have a incoming call from 416, Canada, YIKES, he's landed & I've got an hour drive to get there. Forget the sugar, give me my ice tea, Mr. Cop's flight landed 30 minutes early & miss brunette had a 90 mph drive on the 405 to get him.

In covert style, I glided the car in behind where he was waiting on the curb. He didn't know what my car looked like and I'm thinking what if he isn't as good looking or as nice as I remember him. The whole Mr. British nightmare kept flickering in her brain. But, there he was. Sitting on a planter sharing a cigarette with a dark hair Israeli girl. I took my car keys and hit his back. He threw the cigarette out ( I caught him being a bad boy) and he gave me a high five. He didn't kiss me. That's good. I would have felt really uncomfortable. He was here as a friend or so I thought...

Promptly, four minutes later I was pulled over by an El Segundo police officer on Pacific Coast Highway for not wearing a seat belt. Talk about impressions! I was shaking! I had hot new boy to my right who happens to be a police officer and an El Segundo police officer to my left wanting my license, insurance, and registration. Not exactly a pretty girl start to his almost two week vacation. He hadn't even made it to my doorstep nor had he met my family! Damn! Maybe I should have waited for the sugar!

EL SEGUNDO POLICE OFFICER
Click it or ticket and there is no way you are getting out of this ticket. License.

MISS BRUNETTE
(voice dry like a desert)
Haha. Sorry. I forgot...Here's my license.

MR. COP
Hey, I'm a Toronto Cop, you've got any badges on you to trade?

Meanwhile Miss Brunette is going through the glove box for all the stuff and thinking what are these guys talking about? Later she would find out that cops of any country like to trade badges in order to build collections. It's like boy scouts meets baseball card collector, no offense to any cop out there.

EL SEGUNDO POLICE OFFICER
What? What you say?

MR. COP
I'm a Toronto Police Officer. Here's my badge.

El Segundo police officer looks at his badge and flips his ticket book closed.

EL SEGUNDO POLICE OFFICER
Alright, miss. No ticket today.
(he walks back to his squad car and miss brunette is left shaking in her boots)

MISS BRUNETTE
Well, welcome to California! Since we're at a gas station. I think I'll get some.
(miss brunette backs the car to the gas pump)
I'm going to pay cash. Be right back!
(BIG SMILE)

Miss Brunette walks into the gas station and once out of his sight, she has a mild heart attack while starting at candy and gum.



T
hings get better. I can't believe how amazing our first day went together despite getting pulled over. We went to the beach and kept a flirtatious distance on the beach towels. We drove the back roads of Palos Verde, across the dock of Long Beach, down Pacific Coast Highway toward Huntington Beach, and onward. The time that he spent in California with me went by so quick! Somehow between getting me out of the that ticket and giving me my second kiss, he became my Boyfriend Agent. Okay, maybe he's Boyfriend Agent just because he is such a damn fine kisser but...I'm keeping all of that out of this report!

Suffice it to say that I was reading my digital edition of Just for Me magazine and I found a quiz in this month's magazine. Magazine quiz's are dumb but it doesn't hurt to sneak a peak. This quiz was titled, Have you Met your Match? Hmmm...Have I? What? Only 5 easy questions. I love magazines.

Question No. 1: A Sense of Ease. (Check)
Question No. 2: The Fun Factor (Check. He took me to Disneyland & Cali adventure! Great time! But we had a bunch of fun just hanging out at the pool, in the kitchen and more.)
Question No. 3: Safety & Security (He got me out of a ticket. He's hired! Check.)
Question No. 4:
Mutal Respect
(He encourages me to be a writer. Hello? Not for most men. And, oh yeah, I respect him too. I love hearing his wacky work stories. He is a real cop after all and it gets really interesting. Although, I really can't imagine him hitting anyone. I can tell he can pack a punch but...I know its all part of the job. Check.)
Question No. 5: Sparks (Attraction vibe is on high red alert. I can't keep my eyes, thoughts, or hands to myself. I'm all over this hottie! And its mutual. I won't go into the two hour love sessions because I don't want to make you jealous. Suffice it to say, Check.)


Wow! Boyfriend Agent just passed the magazine quiz with flying colors. I can only imagine what's next. Did I mention I'm flying to Toronto on Wednesday to meet his family, friends, and co-workers. Yeah, if things go well, my first day in town I'll be wearing a bullet proof vest and riding with some of Canada's finest, the Toronto Police. I'm ready to travel.









2 comments:

AKA said...

Hi there

I just found your blog as I was clicking the "next blog" feature, and being a fab brunette myself, I had to read ;)

I'm from Toronto too actually and our cops really are great! Wish you luck with yours :)

Brunette Writes said...

Thanks for reading Aka! I can't wait to visit Toronto! I hope the weather forecast is all wrong. Cheers!