Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Plurality of Boredom



Read a Manuscript or Get Sued: If I choose to not read a working manuscript by a former client, he might have said that to me. This is the deal. I did tell him that I would read a new draft of his work once it was completed. I made that promise to him over a year ago. He called me up two weeks ago with a new draft of his book. I'm good on my word like that.

Problem: Super bored. So far, I've read & critiqued 80 pages of his nonfiction book. I have exactly 69 pages ahead of me. All the same problems that were there from a year ago are still in the manuscript. Previous readers of my old blog know that when I returned to Cali from Chi-town, I found myself starting a writing consultation business. I spent my first 7-8 months giving advice on writing, book construction, and the likes. As you might have read from an earlier post, getting published is hard. Wait?! I didn't have to tell you that!

What I'd Rather be Doing: Walking on the beach, drinking a limoncello in Capri, walking down Kings Road, sitting in a Toronto Park doing something like this at sunset with Mr. Cop.


Part of my boredom is that the work is a 55,000 word document about child abuse. It's not exactly a Dan Brown or Daniel Steel read. It can get hard to read the work due to content and quality.

Today: The day is undeniably beautiful and I'm stuck inside. I could hit the pool but I know I'll fall asleep. I could go to the coffeehouse-wait! An idea! I knew I blogged for a reason. I need a break.

On second thought, maybe, I'll skip the coffee to just think about kissing my boy in T-town...

(Yes, that is evidence that Miss Brunette is stepping away from her single life toward, gasp, a relationship with a hottie that lives in a different country. What? Crazy! I know this much for sure:


Long Distance Relationships Do Not Work.

Mr. Cop & I have been talking about me leaving one of my greatest loves of all, So Cal, but I need to see this city called Toronto. I am flying out around the 28th of June to see him & the city. Ahh...Now, That's a future post. Not today. Too much on my plate.)

No comments: